Wednesday, August 6, 2008

teething

Here's how the conversation goes... Coworker: "Hey Amy, how's it going?" Me: "I'm tired."
It seems like this phrase "I'm tired", has been uttered about a thousand times in the past week. Madeline is teething. She has two bottom teeth that are ever-so-slowly making their way to the surface of her gums. It's torture watching her cry and bite on her hands when the baby Motrin has worn off. We are going to invest in stock of whatever pharmaceutical company owns Motrin. It is a life-saver for teething babies. I know a lot of people don't believe in medicating their babies, but when you and your husband work full-time jobs and have to function at those jobs, medicine is a necessity. Now, I'm not saying to drug the baby...just make her comfortable enough so that she as well as M&D can have a good night's sleep. That's it for now. I'll try to get a picture of Madi's teeth up on the blog. That would require me to take a picture of the inside of her mouth which is not an easy thing to do.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Yea! I am so glad that you have a blog! I feel your pain. I thought Fredrik was about to pop another tooth and today he's feeling better, but the tooth seems further from the surface than before. AHHHHH! And we start all over again...

Lisa Webster said...

I think Motrin is a good idea, although I'm not a parent. Just think of how much better you feel when you take ibuprofen.