Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Can you believe it? A NEW Post!

Sorry - I can't believe it's been OVER A MONTH since I last posted. I should really be ashamed of myself..."should" being the operative word. Here's what's been going on in our lives for the past month.

1. Amy diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri. It's non-life-threatening which is good. It also explained the pressure I was feeling behind my eyes and the reason my face looks like this:

HOLY

PUFFY

PUFFY

PUFFY

PUFFY

FACE,

BATMAN!

P.C. is basically an over abundance of cerebrospinal fluid in the brain. It causes pressure on my optic nerve thus presenting like a tumor...but in the word of Ahhhnold Schwartzenegger, "It's not a tumah." I also scored a trip to North Memorial for a very unpleasant lumbar puncture and an MRI to get a CD of images of my brain that are ever-so-lovely. Here are a few of my googly-eyed faves:

Looking at the top of my head. I seem surprised about something.

side view of the side of my head. Again, bulgy eye.

#2. We built a large house out in the country for ourselves. Nope. Curt finally finished the remodel he's been working on all summer and fall. He did a wonderful job and is very proud of how it turned out. 3. I actually decorated the house for Christmas. It has been 2 years since we last decorated.
Here are some highights...


Yep, the tree leans. It's a hand-me-down from Mom. Why yes, it is the 6' fake tree that she used to put outside on the deck lit up. Yep, I got the outside tree.
Madi even helped decorate. Here she is washing the dust and dirt off a Swedish troll doll with her water bottle. She calls the troll a baby even though it's a doll of a 200 year old-ish white haired woman. Oh well.

We've also made Swedish potato sausage, saurkrout and Christmas cookies. Man, we really are becoming domesticated.
See you in another month! Just kidding.

2 comments:

Katy said...

1. Sexy brain!
2. PLEASE can I have a house like that!?!?!?!?
3. Looks wonderful, and I have jealousy since I am still at the frantically-organizing-all-the-clutter-to make-room-for-holiday-decor phase!

Lisa Webster said...

Looks like someone you don't know is commenting on your blog now. :(

Your brain pics are weird. What are they supposed to look like?

I love your updates!