Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mother's Intuition

So Madi has been a little "off" the last few days. She hasn't been wanting to drink out of the bottle and woke up for about an hour last night. I picked her up from daycare at 3:15 for her 9 month Dr. appt. and shots and Amy (our neighbor and daycare provider) said she only slept about an hour and insisted on sleeping sitting up. She also said she didn't want to drink her bottle but would eat baby food. I figured it must be ear-related. We got to the Dr. only to find out that the appt. is next Tuesday. Grrr. I took off early on a day in which I had TONS of work to do only to find out that I wrote the day on the calendar wrong. Well I got back out to the car and pulled out of the parking lot remembering that I was going to have the Dr. check her out for an ear infection. I stopped at Aunt Bev's office (4 blocks from the clinic) and I called back to see if anyone could see her. They couldn't but said they'd put her on a waiting list. I brought her to urgent care instead. After waiting forever in the lobby with very poopy pants (Madi's, not mine)my suspicions were confirmed. She has an ear infection in her left ear. Thank goodness we found out before it traveled to both ears. Some antibiotics out of the "med vending machine" and a phone call to daddy and we were out of there! She had a little nap, her breathing treatment and some sweet potatoes, corn and apples. She just had a very exciting game of tug-of-war with the dog. We video taped it. If I knew how to upload video I would attach it but that's a lesson for another day. Let's hope she sleeps tonight so that I can get some much-needed rest as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to learn how to do the video thing soon so gma and gpa can keep up on our little angel's antics. amy, i hope you're sound asleep by now and can rest well.

Lisa Webster said...

If that's Madi with an ear infection, I'm totally impressed. I'm a bigger baby than her! I'd be crying!
Is your video camera digital? If so, I think you can just click on the movie pictures when you are posting a blog and add it. I know it's super easy on a Mac from a digital camera. Hope you can figure it out!
Good job, Mommy, for figuring out that Madi wasn't feeling well before it got worse! I'm impressed!
Love you!

Katy said...

Oh, I think Fredrik has had an ear infection if those are the symptoms...good to know for future reference. I need to figure out that video business, too.