Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good News

I received a message from the Nurse Practitioner at the U of M CF Center today. Madi's mucus culture that they took last Friday at her 2 month appt. grew normal "flora." In other words, she has no infections in her lungs at this time! Hooray! I guess the cough she has is related to an upper respiratory infection (head cold) and not something in her chest. Phew. I am searching several online support groups to find the right one. The regular Yahoo CF support group is too much of an announcement bulletin board and the CF parents support group is too scary. There's a lot of posts about older kids having problems and surgeries that I don't want to think about for Madeline right now. I emailed someone on that group and she said there's a Yahoo CF infants and toddlers group and a Yahoo CF Mommies group that I can try. I think I will check those out. I also found a woman who is 71 years old that has the same strain of CF as Madeline - boy did that make me feel encouraged. She said there's someone living with CF that is 82 years old. Wow! Now, I'll focus on our good news and try to live life to the fullest until our next appt at the U in November.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!
See you Saturday.

Lisa Webster said...

What fabulous news! Thanks for sharing!
Love you!