Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ratrace.

What a ratrace! Madi had a not-so-good sputum culture. She has these done every time she goes to the U for a checkup or procedure. She grew a couple icky bacterium (is that the plural of bacteria? bacterii maybe?) in her lungs so she is on two new antibiotics. Cipro and Tobi. The Cipro is taken orally and the Tobi is a nebulizer med that she takes twice daily. Anyways...the Tobi is a copay of $250.00 - yes, that's right, a copay. That means it costs us $250.00 AFTER our insurance pays its part. I also had to refill her Pulmozyme neb med today which is another $200.00 per month AFTER insurance. Yikes. Thank God that we were accepted for $5,000 a year in copay assistance from the Patient Access Network Foundation. Thank God for this wonderful non-profit group. Well this isn't the subject of my post but rather a precurser for my evening. The Walgreens that we get her Pulmozyme at doesn't carry Cipro or Tobi. The other Walgreens, a few miles out of the way, does carry it. I also had to get my medication refilled at Target pharmacy. So on my way home in 10 mph traffic I drove to three pharmacies to get 4 meds. Thus, the ratrace. Okay, so it's not a huge deal but it seemed like it after a long day of work away from my sweet girl.

1 comment:

Katy said...

Doing anything in this frigid weather is the pits.
See you soon for the upcoming birthday parties!